On the surface, data structures are not that confusing to understand. A data structure is just a collection of data organized in a particular way so that we can perform computational operations on its data effectively.
Think of a bookshelf full of books. You can consider the bookshelf as the data structure, and the books as the data. Not so scary now right?… But where do algorithms come in?
Suppose you wanted to find a certain book on the bookshelf, or sort the books in a certain order. Well, that’s where we use an algorithm.
An algorithm is simply a set of logical instructions for carrying out a predefined task, like finding a particular book for example.
In this case, you would scan through the books on the shelf, attempting to match the book on the self to the book you are looking for. When you have a match, you know you’ve found your book!
By the way, algorithms are not just reserved for data structures, but they are normally associated because we use algorithms to interact and perform operations on the data structure.
Whenever you are creating a set of instructions to achieve a task, you are creating an algorithm.
Of course, there is a lot more to it than that. Just for a start, you have different types of data structure such as Lists, Trees, Stacks, Queues, etc. This course provides a thorough overview of all data structures and algorithms.
What you’ll learn in this Free Udemy Course:
- Build a strong foundation in computer science
- Understand data structures and algorithms concepts deeply
- Write efficient logic for a program using data structures where required
- Become a professional software developer
- Tackle software interviews in MNC’s with ease
Who’s this Free Udemy course for?
You can enroll in this Free Udemy Course if you meet the following criteria, though these criteria are not mandatory, you can enroll in this free udemy course and learn!:
- Anyone who is willing to start their career as a software developer.
- Anyone who wants to learn algorithms and data structures.
- Students getting into problem-solving or competitive programming
This Free Udemy Course includes:
- 3 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Requirement or Prerequisites for this Free Udemy Course:
- Basic Computer and Internet Knowledge.
- Basic Mathematics knowledge.